Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reston Farm Market

I always look forward to Saturday mornings at the Reston Farm Market. This was my first visit in 2009. Yum! I brought a bag, some cash, my neighbor Ruth Ann, and my camera.

Can you believe these tomatoes? Yes, it's too early in the season for the homegrown fruit that I'll make Gazpacho out of, Bob's all time favorite soup. I think these are hot house tomatoes but grown locally. Can you see my faint ©susanbagshaw watermark on the photo? This was my first experiment using Photoshop Elements to protect my images.

Even though we try to get to the market early, we walked the dogs for an hour first and so we encountered some of the crowds. Colorful. All ages. Mellow. These people are snacking on the samples the vendors put out to tempt us...

I like these little cucumbers. But mostly I liked the blue plate, the design of the circles, and the texture of the sprinkled salt. Makes your mouth water, doesn't it?

I think there are signs that say "No dogs allowed" but that couldn't apply to little Mabel. She was adorable! She has her own view of the market among all the legs and feet surrounding her.

I think this lady tasted the cucumbers in the dish and decided she needed to bring some home.

The onions in the grocery store never look as fresh and juicy as these do. I can smell them just looking at this photograph.

I didn't buy any plants this time but every Saturday there are annuals and perennials and cut flowers. Very fresh and healthy.

These were the first strawberries that I saw at the market and after sniffing around all of the stalls I came back and bought these. They smell heavenly. The color was amazing. Wonderful on our cereal this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment