Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jewell and the Beanstalk

The first leg of our journey to Squam Art Workshop was a flight into Boston's Logan airport where we rented a car. Luggage and art supplies stowed, we headed north. Bob loaned me his GPS and right around Manchester, New Hampshire we decided it was time for lunch. The first place the GPS sent us was a golf course. No kidding! How did Bob program that in? It was actually the restaurant in the club house but we decided we could do better. The name Jewell and the Beanstalk popped up and sounded cool. We drove through a residential area with lovely old wooden homes and came across the restaurant. What a find!

When I spotted this sign in the front window I knew it was our place.

The restaurant is darling with an assortment of wooden tables, a big sign with specials, and lots of handmade crafts by local artisans.

I didn't buy a bracelet but I thought if I took a picture I'd be motivated to make one myself when I got home. Behind the bracelets is a small painting I really liked.

There were several framed embroidered pieces, too. I signed up for two sewing classes at Squam and this got me in the mood.

Food? Did I mention the food? It was yummy. I had one of the specials, oriental chicken with peanut sauce. I guess I was really hungry. Hey, the driver has to keep up her strength.

I skipped dessert but it was very tempting...

Each table had a simple arrangement of fresh flowers.


We headed back to the car with smiles on our faces and full tummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment