Friday, July 24, 2009

Skype Crazy

Have you tried Skype? It's sound and video communication over the internet. It's easy and it's free. Log onto www.skype.com and download their software. Enter the location you want to call. Viola! The first time I used it, I was sitting at the kitchen table talking with my friend, Victoria. It was sunny here in Reston, VA and nighttime in Hong Kong. I saw the city lights through her dining room window. She heard the birds singing in our backyard. Amazing. My husband Bob walked in the room and Victoria said "Hello, Bob." Startled, he looked at the computer screen. Victoria was smiling at him.

The photograph below is a screen shot I took during a Skype conversation with Victoria yesterday. That's my messy desktop with the Skype screen in the center. Victoria is behind the Jane Austen book. Can you see me in the lower left corner?

We are thousands of miles away and we can talk face to face. I can't tell you how wonderful that feels. Does this sounds like a Skype commercial? Maybe it is. I am in awe of the world we live in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment