Monday, July 6, 2009

Playing with Photoshop Elements

This spring I took I took a Digital Photography class through Fairfax county. I learned a lot - I'm not sure if I'm applying what I learned but it was a good process. I know my camera better. I'm on speaking terms with the user's manual. And I bought a copy of Photoshop Elements for my MacBook Pro. This current version of Elements is easier to use and although the software has features I've never tried I find the features that I do use accessible and fun.

The photo below has seven hidden critters, can you find them? The original photograph follows.


Using a technique I found in a YouTube tutorial I darkened the sky in the right photo. I like the original better but I liked learning something new.

I don't remember where these french fries came from but I used this image to practice with layers. I made a black and white layer and using the eraser tool I erased some of that layer to reveal the original color beneath.


The class is over but I'm still carrying my camera around taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment